Find a roofer in Harpersville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather report in Harpersville, Alabama. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If a storm is supposed to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
However, asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier materials. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can also buy higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should consider replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is needed if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential properties and these typically have a 15-20 year warranty. If your roof is around this age, it’s a good choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Harpersville, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Harpersville, Alabama. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the hiring process by providing you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Apart from having leaks or other obvious issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Professional roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and prevent water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.