Find a roofer in Gulf Shores, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They usually have a 15-20 year warranty. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof has aged, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a wise idea to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for the rest of your home, so there should be no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Typically, a new roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services in Gulf Shores, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services easy in Gulf Shores, AL. Our streamlined site is easy to navigate, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and hire the right candidate for the job.
Our site also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious problem and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Damaged flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
No one should deal with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers available to help. With our streamlined app, you can find quality roofing maintenance services in Gulf Shores, AL. Get the roofing maintenance services you need for your property today.