Find a roofer in Greensboro, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What season is good for a roofing project?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This is why waiting until winter could be a better time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will vary with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections since routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Greensboro, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Greensboro, Alabama. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one convenient app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. A roofing repair contractor can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't undergo more extensive damages.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors ready to help. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Greensboro, Alabama. Get the roofing services you need for your house right away.