Find a roofer in Grant, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the estimated time needed for building a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Grant, AL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
What is the typical price for roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will determine the total cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the project and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate price range for repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a professional and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Grant, AL
When you need roofing maintenance services in Grant, AL, then our platform is the answer. The roofing companies featured on Thumbtack have the qualifications you’re looking for. You can find someone who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Our platform also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is a serious problem and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain stream through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a roofer. Routine maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to hire the best contractors for roofing maintenance services. No matter if you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.