Find a roofer in Gilbertown, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Top 10 Roofing Repair & Replacement Professionals nearRoof Repair and Maintenance // Alabama // Gilbertown
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal cost of replacement services from a roofer?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you since there are several things that will determine the overall cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What costs are associated with repairing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, how expensive it will be will change with the products that are being used for your project.
What's the approximate time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to consider. The average roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather forecast in Gilbertown, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist can come up with the hours for the project.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Gilbertown, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Gilbertown, AL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company you’re interested in, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs at once if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can lead to worse issues. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy solution to find the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.