Find a roofer in Gardendale, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather report in Gardendale, AL. Bad weather will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really stall the job. If bad weather is expected to take place during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most affordable materials for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look great on any house.
Asphalt shingles do require some attention more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Gardendale, AL
When you need to hire a roofing maintenance contractor in Gardendale, AL, there's a convenient way to go about it. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the skills and experience you need for your project. You can find the best roofing contractor who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get quality services on your roof replacement.
Our app also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance professional, but listed below are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards used for decking can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is made easier through our platform.