Find a roofer in Fort Mitchell, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for booking a roof inspection?
The majority of roofers recommend twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because routine check-ups have been proven to make your roof last longer. Something to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
What is the typical cost of replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several things that will influence the total cost. Typically, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What should I estimate to fix my roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What time of year is best for roofing services?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a good time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting later in the year could be a better time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors are slow during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Fort Mitchell, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors in Fort Mitchell, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
Our app also puts together a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of licensed roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to call in a roofing replacement or roofing repair professional, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can warp or bend over time.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from doing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you an easy way to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our app.