Find a roofer in Foley, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
At what moment should I consider having a roof inspection conducted?
Most roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofers generally price their services for roof replacement?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I budget for roof repair expenses?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Which is the ideal season to get your roof serviced?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to book time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be an easier time to schedule.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be repaired.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors in Foley, Alabama
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services more convenient in Foley, Alabama. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, which means you can search through various profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for the job.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start sifting through our database of licensed roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled appointments can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there aren't any shingles in place or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify deteriorated shingles and provide quality repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app that gives you a convenient option to hire the right companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier with our platform.