Find a roofer in Florence, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I expect to pay a roofer for a roof replacement job?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much does it cost to maintain the roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should leave those minor fixes to the professionals.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
How much is the rate for most roofers per square foot?
Services for your roof can cost about $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will change depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the typical period of time to replace a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The average roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the weather report in Florence, AL. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Florence, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Florence, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair companies through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by a professional will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair company to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
No one should put up with a run-down roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Florence, AL. Find the perfect contractor for your home now.