Find a roofer in Eva, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
Which is the best season for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a better time to call a contractor.
Many roofers are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. Even though the weather can still be wet and somewhat uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be about $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the estimated time needed for building a new roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the job. If a storm is supposed to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing specialist can approximate a timeline for the job.
At what point should I consider getting an inspection for my roof?
Most roofing contractors advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be voided.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Eva, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Eva, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our app also collects useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing replacement or roofing repair contractor, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Routing inspections of your shingles can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see that some of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a convenient option to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.