Find a roofer in Eutaw, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of creating that defensive barrier your property needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they have a simple style that will look good on any home.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But you can always purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of having it be replaced becomes more pressing. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential houses and these usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart choice to get regular inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends the rest of your property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This is why waiting later in the year could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the colder months, but you could be putting up with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but instead of being cold, you’d be putting up with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a stable roof is so important is because it protects your property, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire house. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in bad condition, you could get leaks in your home, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important part of your property, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, durable roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your house maintains a comfortable temperature.
Top 10 Roofing Professionals near Eutaw, AlabamaHome // Alabama // Eutaw
We couldn't find any matches for this location.
It seems like there's nothing to display in this area. Please try searching in a different location or using alternative search terms to find what you're looking for. If you need assistance, feel free to reach out to our support team for help!
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Eutaw, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Eutaw, Alabama. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing companies.
For the most part you'll know when you need to get in touch with a roofing maintenance contractor, but listed below are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will resolve the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing company to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to avoid leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.