Find a roofer in Ethelsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
When should I plan to get roofing services performed?
Even though you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a popular time for these services, it can be a challenge to book time with a roofer. This is why waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to call a roofer.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could be dealing with more severe weather conditions. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. Even though there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be repaired.
How much should I expect to pay per square foot for a roofer's services?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe for a roofing contractor to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing contractor can estimate a timeline for the project.
At what point should I think about having a roof inspection conducted?
The majority of roofing professionals recommend biannual roof inspections since routine inspections are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Ethelsville, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Ethelsville, AL. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance contractor on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in a favorable condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Routine checkups can help you keep up with any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the life of your roof. How do you know when you need a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can make repairs as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by an expert. Regular inspections will also help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.