Find a roofer in Equality, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What's the approximate time required for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofer will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so on average, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Equality, AL. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this can really postpone the project. If this is going on during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to get done.
The layout of your roof is an important factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing specialist will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
When should I get a roof inspection?
Many roofing contractors suggest biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofing contractor?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are several factors that will establish the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the project and the materials being used. The price of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be hard if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the expected cost for roof repair services?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Services near Equality, AL
When you need to hire a roofing repair or roofing replacement company in Equality, AL, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing professionals featured on Thumbtack have the skills and qualifications you need for your project. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the finest customer service is put in place and that you get quality services on your roofing project.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and prevent water. A roofer can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient solution to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.