Find a roofer in Enterprise, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What's the estimated time needed for constructing a replacement roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor will be based on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so generally speaking, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate a timeline for the job.
When should a roof inspection be done?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections since regular inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be voided.
How do roofing contractors generally charge for labor for roof replacement?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What rate can be expected for roof repair services?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services near Enterprise, Alabama
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Enterprise, Alabama. Our user-friendly site is easy to navigate, which means you can look through dozens of profiles and come up with some options. We facilitate the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Start your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Apart from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get repairs at once if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the contractor you want, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.