Find a roofer in Delta, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so normally, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into consideration is the weather forecast in Delta, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really stall the project. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to get done.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement contractor can approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable materials for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your property in addition to being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is needed if you’re dealing with these kinds of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the possibility of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential houses and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this usually means you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are a few things that will influence the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Delta, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Delta, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can warp or bend under pressure.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, it's a sign that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many licensed contractors available to assist. With our easy-to-use platform, you can find quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Delta, AL. Find the perfect contractor for your property now.