Find a roofer in Daphne, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How do roofers normally price their services for a replacement?
It’s hard to narrow down how much a replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will determine the overall cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in various angles. Here's how a roofing professional can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the rate for repairing a roof?
In relation to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Major repairs call for experience and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the average cost per square foot for roof maintenance services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will change depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What is the typical duration to rebuild a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofer to do a replacement really depends on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The typical roof for a house is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofer can complete a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Daphne, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Daphne, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor want to hire, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you prior to browsing through our network of vetted roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and allows you to prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need a professional, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear including:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can make repairs as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and requires to be attended to. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with an easy option to hire the best companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you’re looking for a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is made easier through our platform.