Find a roofer in Daphne, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other factors to consider. The typical roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this is going to delay the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement specialist can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The most affordable style of roof is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: If your roof is older, the possibility of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are very common amongst residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. When your roof has aged this much, it’s a good choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are several factors that will influence the overall cost. Generally, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies near Daphne, AL
You can count on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing maintenance services in Daphne, AL. Our user-friendly app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through various profiles and easily narrow down your options. We help with the vetting process by giving you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, background, and more. Begin your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the best professional for the job.
Our app also compiles a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing maintenance contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can make repairs right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warps or Buckling: The boards that make your roof can end up warping or are bending over time.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys downward to your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see that a few of them are discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our streamlined app, you can get the best roofing maintenance services in Daphne, AL. Find the right contractor for your property now.