Find a roofer in Dadeville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your home, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the protective barrier for your entire home. It defends against harsh weather, falling objects, and more. So if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes a lot to your curb appeal. Since it’s such an important component of your home, a well-maintained roof shows a reliable property. If you were looking to sell, a buyer would be much more excited about your home if it has a strong, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, having an energy efficient home makes anyone happy. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a comfortable temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average roof for a residential property is about 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so generally speaking, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to stall the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can come up with the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential homes and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart choice to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't ideal, and this does mean you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors in Dadeville, AL
If you need roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dadeville, AL, there's no easier way to find them. The roofing companies you'll discover on Thumbtack have the skills and experience you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes extra measures in making sure that the best customer service is implemented and that you get total satisfaction on your roof replacement.
It's important to have a roof you can depend on for your house at any time during the year. For a secure home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to call in a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but here are some other aspects about your roof to take into consideration:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood that make your roof can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are built to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are ripped, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide top-notch repairs to avoid leaks from causing more damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many licensed roofers available to assist. With our powerful app, you can get quality roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Dadeville, AL. Find the right contractor for your house now.