Find a roofer in Collinsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is a good season for roofing projects?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This means that waiting until winter could be a better time to schedule.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the colder months, but you could have more delays because of severe weather. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the normal pricing per square foot for roof repair services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the overall cost will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
How long does it typically take for a roofing contractor to replace a roof?
The time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the dimensions of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the project. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to approximate the hours for the project.
What is the appropriate occasion to request an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofing professionals suggest twice-yearly inspections for your roof, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Something to think about is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Collinsville, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors in Collinsville, AL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also collects a wealth of information to help you before you start browsing through our database of qualified roofing professionals.
Regularly, scheduled inspections can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. So, how can you tell when you need roofing repair and roofing replacement services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- Age: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can lead to serious problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a convenient way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your job is streamlined through our app.