Find a roofer in Collinsville, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a residence is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional can estimate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and do a fantastic job of creating that defensive barrier your home needs while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
It is worth noting that asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more pricier options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always get higher-grade asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be an option when repairs won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are quite common on residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. When the roof on your home is around this age, it’s a smart idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to pinpoint exactly how much a roof replacement is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof is in the ballpark of $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your roof replacement will be factored by the products you want installed, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be challenging if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and provide you with a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Collinsville, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Collinsville, AL. See what other customers have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also puts together useful data to help you before you start sifting through our network of vetted roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise choice.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get repairs immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can lead to worse problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Roofs are designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are cracked, in pieces, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from doing more damage.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just requesting a estimate and booking an appointment to get your roof in order.