Find a roofer in Clayton, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good time for booking a roofing appointment?
The majority of roofers advise getting twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to make your roof last longer. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
How do roofing contractors normally charge for their services for roof replacement?
It’s hard to know exactly how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few factors that will determine the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What is the approximate cost for repairing a roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted two ways: major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact a roofer.
Any repairs that are major call for the attention of a professional and they are going to cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
At which time of the year should I book an appointment for roofing services?
While you can get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why winter could be a better time to schedule.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies near Clayton, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing maintenance services more convenient in Clayton, AL. Our user-friendly platform is easy to navigate, which means you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you useful information to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing maintenance company on the app and find the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: In general, 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you know your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is tar or roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Hire a company that can make your roofing maintenance an easy process. When you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.