Find a roofer in Clay, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
When is inspecting my roof needed?
Many roofing professionals advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not getting an evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally price labor for a replacement?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are a few things that will influence the total cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the size of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the price of your roof.
What costs are associated with fixing a roof?
In the matter of the condition of your roof, your needs can be sorted into two categories: minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance will range anywhere from $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to do the minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major call for specialized knowledge and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the most suitable time for roofing jobs?
No matter what time of year it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for these services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that waiting until winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofers have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Clay, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Clay, AL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing maintenance contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's important to have a a structure over your head that you can rely on throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other obvious concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of your roof leaking. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. When there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and stop water penetration. Contact a roofing repair contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a roofer. Regular maintenance services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy way to hire the right contractors to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined with our platform.