Find a roofer in Chelsea, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to think about. The typical roof for a residential property is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in Chelsea, AL. Bad weather will make working conditions awful and this can really delay the job. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another thing that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for your project. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to come up with a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
The style of roof that's the most cost-effective is going to be asphalt shingles, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and serve the purpose of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they have a simple style that will look good on any house.
Asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always get top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: When your roof has aged, the possibility of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential properties and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a good idea to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this does mean you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a defensive barrier for your entire home, so there should be no shock that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a roof replacement is going to come out to because there are several factors that will influence the total cost. Usually, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be difficult if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Chelsea, AL
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Chelsea, AL. Our user-friendly platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to ratings, pricing information, years in business, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and hire the best professional for the job.
It's crucial to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a secure house with a roof made to last, you can hire the best roofing replacement and roofing repair contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you extend the life of your roof. So, how do you know when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can cause worse issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to let snow and rain flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they've deteriorated, you could experience some leaks.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you notice there are shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. A roof inspection will identify worn-out shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to hire the right professionals for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.