Find a roofer in Chancellor, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a good roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your home more energy efficient.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for your entire house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof isn't stable, your home could develop some leaks, which can lead to other issues.
Your roof also contributes to your property value. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your property, a roof in good condition shows a great deal of stability. If you were to sell, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Finally, having an energy efficient house makes anyone happy. It means your utility bills are lower and that your house keeps a consistent temperature.
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The time it takes to replace a roof will be based on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you should take into consideration is the projected weather in Chancellor, Alabama. Poor weather will put a damper on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to finish.
The layout of your roof is another thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roof replacement contractor will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. Truthfully, you’ll see most residential properties in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs since they are reliable and serve the purpose of creating that defensive barrier your property needs in addition to being the affordable option. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier products. They typically have a warranty of 15-20 years. But you can always buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
You should replace your roof when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re putting up with these types of issues:
- AGE: When your roof is older, the probability of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are very common on residential properties and these usually have a 15-20 year warranty. When the roof on your property has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get routine inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't ideal, and this usually means you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof defends your entire property, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Chancellor, Alabama
When you need roofing maintenance services in Chancellor, Alabama, then our platform is your best resource. The roofing experts you'll discover on our site have the knowledge and qualifications you’re searching for. You can find the right candidate who takes the effort to make sure that the best customer service is put in place and that you get complete satisfaction on your roofing repairs.
It's crucial to have a a structure over your head that you can count on at any time during the year. For a secure house with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Do you need roofing maintenance services? Aside from having leaks or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a smart choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you think your roof is older than that, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles collect in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting such as a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by an expert. Routine repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Find a contractor who can make your roofing maintenance an easy and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.