Find a roofer in Calera, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other factors to consider. The average residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Storms will put a halt on work and this is going to push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement specialist can approximate a timeline for the project.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most cost-effective solution for your new roof, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they should be disregarded. In fact, you’ll see most houses in your neighborhood with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are reliable and do a great job of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Plus, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any house.
However, asphalt shingles have the tendency to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can always purchase higher-end asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is required if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise choice to get regular inspections so you can figure out when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will get worn out over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to pinpoint exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to because there are a few factors that will influence the total cost. Commonly, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the materials being used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex because you’ll have to account for hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Calera, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Calera, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule a service appointment, and more all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can depend on for your house throughout any season. For a safe home with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
Routine inspections can help you keep up with any wear-and-tear before it gets worse and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a licensed, roofing repair and roofing replacement contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain things to look out for, such as:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of your roof leaking. A professional roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention immediately. A roofing repair contractor can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is designed to allow snow and rain to stream through the valleys downward to your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you could experience some leaks.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Reach out to a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, curled, or missing shingles will need to be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy solution to find the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our platform.