Find a roofer in Brent, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a roof replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical roof for a residential property is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you need to take into consideration is the weather report in your area. Poor weather will make working conditions awful and this is going to stall the job. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is an important thing that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roof replacement professional can approximate a timeline for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your new roof, and just because they are the lower-cost option, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most homes in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are strong and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more expensive materials. They normally have a 15-20 year warranty. But there is the option to buy top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
You should think about replacing your roof when repairs just don’t do the job anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re putting up with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of it needing to be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential homes and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If your roof has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get regular inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a clue that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need a roof replacement.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so there should be no shock that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s challenging to come up with an exact amount on how much a roof replacement is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Estimating the layout of your roof can also be tricky if your roof is more intricate since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the square footage of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Brent, Alabama
You can rely on Thumbtack to simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Brent, Alabama. Our streamlined platform gives you all the convenience you need, so you can look through various profiles and come up with some options. We assist in the hiring process by providing you useful information to in-depth customer reviews, pricing, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor here on Thumbtack and hire the right candidate for your project.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is needed to keep their property in good condition. It’s smart to keep on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof is older than that, you may want to call a roofer to come inspect it.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs immediate attention. A roofing repair company can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: If you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing repair specialist will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Contact a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: If you see shingles that are cracked, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify worn-out shingles and provide top-notch repairs to prevent leaks from causing more damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a hassle-free way to hire the best companies for roofing replacement and roofing repair services. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is streamlined with our app.