Find a roofer in Bay Minette, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is a good season for roofing work?
No matter what time of year it is, you can call a roofing contractor for roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a common time for roofing services, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time for services.
Many professionals who specialize in roofing are slow during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather. Summer is sort of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be putting up with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and partially unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be repaired.
What should I anticipate to pay per square foot for a roofing expert's services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the roofing products and the labor. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the approximate time required for constructing a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet, so generally speaking, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the weather forecast in Bay Minette, AL. Poor weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofing professional can come up with a timeline for the job.
What is the correct occasion to schedule an inspection for my roof?
The majority of roofers suggest twice-yearly roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having a roofing inspection done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bay Minette, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you connect with roofing replacement and roofing repair companies in Bay Minette, AL. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of licensed roofing professionals.
Routine appointments can help you stay on top of any wear-and-tear before it degrades any further and lets you prolong the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair services? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, including:
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a contractor immediately if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious problems. Professional roofing repairs will remediate the problem and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles accumulate in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters in addition to inspecting your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is the material used to seal joints and prevent water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to prevent leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if it's time for them to be replaced. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more extensive damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you an easy option to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the job is made easier with our app.