Find a roofer in Bay Minette, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most cost-effective solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the lower-cost product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In actuality, you’ll see most houses in your area with asphalt shingling on the roof since they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your property while being more budget friendly. Plus, they have a simple style that will look great on any residential property.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and require maintenance more often than the more pricier options. They typically have a 15-20 year lifespan. But you can also get top-quality asphalt shingles that do perform even better.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when repairs just don’t cut it anymore. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these kinds of issues:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of it needing to be replaced becomes greater. Asphalt shingles are a regular selection for residential houses and these typically have a lifespan of 15-20 years. If the roof on your property is around this age, it’s a good idea to get consistent inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is necessary.
- SAGGING: Sagging is a sign that the deck plywood is damaged. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your property, so there should be no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year to get roof replacement services. Since it is a popular time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting until winter could be an easier time for an appointment.
A lot of professionals who specialize in roofing have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of erratic weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with hot temperatures.
Spring can also be good for roof replacements. While the weather can still be wet and somewhat unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason you want a quality roof is because it protects your property, increases your home's value, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the defensive barrier for your entire property. It defends against severe weather, falling objects, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, and this can lead to other issues.
Your roof also does so much for your property value. Since it’s such a fundamental part of your property, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In a situation where you are selling, a buyer would be enthusiastic about your property if it has a solid, stable roof protecting it.
Lastly, everyone is delighted with an energy efficient house. It means your energy bills aren't expensive and that your home maintains a comfortable temperature.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Companies in Bay Minette, Alabama
Thumbtack will simplify your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Bay Minette, Alabama. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by providing you access to detailed customer reviews, pricing information, experience, and more. Start your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor on the app and hire the best candidate for your project.
Our app also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing replacement and roofing repair services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a wise decision.
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's a sign of a leaky roof. A professional roofing contractor can fix the issue as soon as possible and stop it from getting worse.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck since it can cause serious issues. Quality roofing repairs will remediate the issue and avoid a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair company will clean your gutters while inspecting your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water penetration. A roofing contractor can fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular repair services will help you address issues like this and prevent leaks.
Hire a contractor who can make your roofing replacement and roofing repair a streamlined process. When you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and booking an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.