Find a roofer in Bankston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are a few things that will establish the total cost. Generally, a new roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to account for various angles. Here's how a roofing expert can be of assistance. They’ll be able to determine the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much can it cost to maintain a roof top?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at minor maintenance or major repair. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re worried about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major call for experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
How much do most roofing contractors charge per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the roofing products and the labor. Of course, the cost per square foot will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it typically take for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the size of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to consider. The typical residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so usually, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in Bankston, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this is going to delay the project. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important thing that you should consider. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can approximate the hours for the job.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Bankston, AL
Thumbtack will make your search for roofing replacement and roofing repair services easy in Bankston, AL. Our streamlined app gives you all the convenience you need, so you can search through a range of profiles and easily narrow down your options. We assist in the hiring process by giving you access to in-depth customer reviews, pricing information, years in business, and more. Begin your search for a roofing replacement and roofing repair company on the app and find the best candidate for your project.
Our app also puts together useful data to help you prior to sifting through our database of vetted roofing companies.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement contractor, but listed below are some other aspects to take into account:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and requires attention at once. A roofing repair company can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: For those whose flashing around the chimney is tar or roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, curled, or missing shingles will need to be replaced by a professional. Routine inspections will also help you address issues like this and avoid leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you an easy way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your part of the job is streamlined through our platform.