Find a roofer in Atmore, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
How long does it take to build a roof?
The time that is needed for a roofing contractor to do a replacement really depends on the size of your roof, but there are also many other things to consider. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you need to take into account is the projected weather in your area. Poor weather will put a stop to work and this is going to delay the job. If a storm is expected to take place during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The layout of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of angles, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the job.
When is the best time to set up a roof inspection?
The majority of roofing contractors advise getting biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to consider is, by not having a roofing evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
What is the typical cost of roof replacement services from a roofing professional?
It’s difficult to narrow down how much a replacement is going to cost you because there are several things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the products used. The cost of your new roof will be calculated by the products you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be for labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to figure out the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
How much can it cost to fix the roof?
When it comes to the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a roofing contractor.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Maintenance Companies in Atmore, AL
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing maintenance contractors in Atmore, AL. See what experiences other customers have had, communicate directly with the roofing maintenance company you’re interested in, get a quote, and pay all from one convenient app.
It's essential to have a roof you can count on for your house at any time during the year. For a safe home with a roof made to last, you can find the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Most of the time you'll know when you need to call in a roofing maintenance contractor, but here are some other aspects to consider about your roof:
- You Are Experiencing Leaks: Stains from water on the ceiling or walls are indicative of a leaky roof. A professional roofer can fix the issue right away and stop it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Get immediate repairs if you notice a sagging roof deck because it can cause worse problems. Roofing repairs done by an expert will remediate the problem and avoid replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and cleared out.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing company to fix worn out, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be swapped out with new ones by a roofer. Regular inspections will also help you address problems like this and prevent leaks.
Thumbtack is free to use and provides you a hassle-free way to find the right companies to address your roofing needs. Whether you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.