Find a roofer in Athens, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
Which time is best to get my roof evaluated?
The majority of roofing contractors recommend biannual roof inspections, and the reason why is because routine inspections have been proven to make your roof last longer. Another thing to think about is, by not having a roofing inspection done, any warranty you have could be voided.
At what cost will a roofing professional charge for replacement?
It’s difficult to know exactly how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are a few things that will determine the total cost. Commonly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be hard if your roof is more complex since you’ll have to factor in various angles. This is where a roofing specialist can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and provide you with an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
What is the price range for fixing a roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified two ways: minor maintenance or major repair. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of what to do or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should contact an expert.
Any repairs that are major do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can expect major roofing repairs to be in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
When should I book an appointment to have roofers come out?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most common time of year for any type of roofing service. Since it is a common time for these services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a roofer. This is why winter could be a more convenient time to schedule.
Many roofing contractors have more down time during the winter, but you could be putting up with more severe weather conditions. Summer is kind of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be putting up with high heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While the weather can still be wet and rather unpredictable, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve sustained during the winter will be uncovered.
Roofing Maintenance Contractors near Athens, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home management platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement companies in Athens, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one convenient app.
It's crucial to have a roof you can rely on for your house throughout any season. For a safe house with a roof designed to last, you can find the best roofing repair and roofing replacement contractors through Thumbtack.
For the most part you'll know when it's time to reach out to a roofing repair or roofing replacement professional, but here are some other things to take into account:
- Age: Approximately 20-25 years is expected of a roof, so if you think your roof has been around for longer, it might be time to call a roofer to come take a look at it.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a critical issue and needs attention immediately. An established roof repair contractor can remediate the issue before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a promising sign. A roofing repair contractor will clean your gutters while examining your shingles.
- Broken flashing: Broken flashing lets water penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or damaged flashing so you don’t have to deal with leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Cracked, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine repair services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
Find a company that can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy and satisfactory process. When you’ve found the right candidate, then it's just getting your estimate and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.