Find a roofer in Ashford, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What is the standard cost charged by roofing contractors for a roof replacement job?
It’s challenging to narrow down how much a new roof is going to come out to since there are several things that will establish the total cost. Mostly, replacing your roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of labor and the products being used. The price of your new roof will be determined by the products you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be for labor.
Getting an estimate for the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing specialist can be helpful to you. They’ll be able to calculate the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the price of your roof replacement.
What should I budget to fix my roof?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. Minor maintenance can cost about $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff on their own, but if you’re not certain of what to do or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a professional.
Major repairs do require specialized knowledge and they are going to be more expensive. You can anticipate your major roof repairs ranging between $1,500 to $7,000.
What is the rate for most roofing experts per square foot?
Services for your roof can hover around $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the materials being used and the labor. Needless to say, the cost per square foot will differ with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
How long does it take to build a new roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor really depends on the size of your roof, however, there are also many other things to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Another thing you need to take into consideration is the projected weather in your area. Bad weather will make working conditions less than ideal and this will push out the timeline. If bad weather is expected to take place during your scheduled project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is an important thing that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofing professional will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Services in Ashford, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you hire roofing replacement and roofing repair professionals in Ashford, AL. See what experiences other people have had, communicate directly with the roofing replacement contractor want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is always required so that their property remains in good condition. It’s best to keep on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Routine checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it gets worse and lets you extend the lifespan of your roof. How can you tell when you need a professional, roofing replacement and roofing repair contractor to come out to your home? You may notice certain signs of wear such as:
- Age: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years. If you know your roof is older than that, you may want to contact a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Decks: Call a roofer immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging since it can cause worse issues. Roofing repairs done by a professional will resolve the issue and prevent the need for replacement services.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules in your gutters from your shingles, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing maintenance contractor will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to get to the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix deteriorating, missing, or broken flashing to avoid leaks.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, this can be an indicator that your roof needs attention. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide first-rate repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
No one should put up with a damaged roof when there are so many qualified roofers ready to help. With our easy-to-use app, you can find the best roofing replacement and roofing repair services in Ashford, AL. Get the premium roofing maintenance services you need for your home right away.