Find a roofer in Ashford, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement is dependent on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other things involved. The typical residential roof is around 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofing professional can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Storms will put a stop to work and this will push out the timeline. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to complete.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be accounted for when your roofer is quoting you on your project. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer will be able to come up with the hours for the project.
At which point should I think about getting an inspection for my roof?
Many roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since regular inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Another thing to think about is, by not getting a roofing evaluation done, any warranty you have could be waived.
How do roofers generally price their services for a replacement?
It’s difficult to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will determine the overall cost. Typically, a new roof falls anywhere between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes labor and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be factored by the materials you want for your roof, and it's expected that 60% of the price will be towards labor.
Estimating the size of your roof can also be challenging if your roof is more intricate because you’ll have to account for various angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you a better estimate on the cost of your roof.
What is the expected cost to fix my roof?
On the subject of the condition of your roof, your needs can be classified into two categories: major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. A lot of homeowners like to handle minor stuff themselves, but if you’re unsure of how to do them or you’re concerned about your safety, then you should reach out to a professional.
Any repairs that are major do require experience and they do cost more. You can expect major roofing repairs to range from $1,500 to $7,000.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Ashford, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement platform that helps you connect with roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Ashford, AL. See what experiences other people have had, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, get a quote, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Our platform also compiles useful data to help you prior to sifting through our network of qualified roofing contractors.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? Aside from having leaks or other obvious problems, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Age: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and requires immediate attention. An established roof repair contractor can fix the problem before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it means that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair contractor will keep your gutters clean and cleared out.
- Damaged flashing: Damaged flashing allows water to penetrate the sealed joints. Get in touch with a roofing contractor to fix worn out, missing, or faulty flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If a patch of them are very discolored, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing repair and roofing replacement an easy process. Once you’ve found the right fit, it’s just a matter of requesting a quote and setting up an appointment to get your roof in order.