Find a roofer in Anniston, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What is the most appropriate time for roofing work?
No matter what season it is, you can get roofing services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for any type of roofing service. But because it is a great time for roofing services, it can be difficult to book time with a contractor. This means that winter could be an easier time to book.
A lot of roofing companies have more down time during the winter, but you could have more delays because of severe weather conditions. Summer is sort of like winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring can also be good for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and slightly unpredictable, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
What is the usual cost per square foot for roofing services?
Services for your roof can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, and this will account for the labor and materials. Needless to say, the cost factor will differ depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What's the timeframe to replace a roof?
The timeframe for a replacement by a roofing contractor is dependent on the dimensions of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things involved. The average residential roof is about 3,000 sq. feet, so on average, a roofing contractor can finish a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you need to take into account is the projected weather in Anniston, Alabama. Storms will put a damper on work and this is going to delay the project. If this is going on during your scheduled project, you should anticipate your roof taking three to five days to finish.
The style of your roof is an important factor that you should take into account. Its pitch, the number of angles, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is quoting you on the job. A complex roof will take more time and your roofer can come up with the hours for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roof inspection?
Many roofing professionals advise getting twice-yearly inspections for your roof since regular check-ups are the best things to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not getting an inspection done, any warranty you have could be waived.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Companies in Anniston, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing repair and roofing replacement professionals in Anniston, Alabama. See what others have to say, communicate directly with the roofing repair company want to hire, book an appointment, and more all from one easy-to-use app.
Every homeowner knows that maintenance is necessary so that their property stays in good condition. It’s smart to stay on top of repairs in order to prevent an expensive roof replacement.
Most of the time you'll know when it's time to get in touch with a roofing repair or roofing replacement company, but listed below are some other things about your roof to take into consideration:
- Leaking: When your ceiling or walls have water stains, that's indicative of a leaky roof. A good roofing contractor can fix the issue right away and prevent it from getting worse.
- Warped or Bent Roof Deck: A warped or bent roof deck is an issue of concern and needs attention at once. An established roof repair company can remediate the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find excessive granules in your gutters from your shingles, it could indicate that your shingles are deteriorating. A roofing maintenance contractor will keep your gutters clean and functioning properly.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may want a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you see shingles that are ripped, curled, or completely missing, it's a sign that your roof needs to be looked at. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to avoid leaks from doing further damage.
Thumbtack is a free app providing you with a convenient option to hire the best professionals for roofing repair and roofing replacement services. No matter if you’re looking for a roofing replacement company or a repair contractor, your part of the process is made easier through our app.