Find a roofer in Anderson, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are the most affordable solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. Truthfully, you’ll see most homes in your area with asphalt shingles on their roofs because they are durable and serve the purpose of protecting your home while being the affordable option. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look great on any home.
Asphalt shingles do wear out faster and need to be replaced more often than the more pricier materials. They usually have a lifespan of 15-20 years. But there is the option to get higher-end asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof needs to be your ultimate decision when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the likelihood of having it be replaced is greater. Asphalt shingles are a normal selection for residential homes and these usually have a 15-20 year lifespan. When the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a smart idea to get routine inspections in order to determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: When your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the plywood decking is rotted. This isn't a good sign, and this indicates you need roof replacement services.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof is a great barrier for the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials that make up your roof will deteriorate over time.
What time of year is best to replace a roof?
No matter what season it is, you can call a professional for roof replacement services. However, fall is the most popular time of year for a roof replacement. But because it is a popular time for roof replacements, it can be a challenge to schedule time with a professional. This is why waiting later in the year could be a better time to call a contractor.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the colder months, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather conditions. And summer has the same issue as winter, but instead of wet and cold conditions, you’d be dealing with the heat.
Spring can also be good for roof replacement services. While the weather can still be wet and partially uncertain, it’s beginning to warm up, and any roofing damage you’ve gotten during the winter will be uncovered.
Why is a good roof important?
The reason why a good roof is so important is because it protects your home, enhances your home’s curb appeal, and makes your energy efficiency better.
The roof is the barrier that provides protection for the rest of your house. It defends against wind, rain, hail, snow, falling debris, and more. This means if your roof is in poor condition, you could have some leaks in your home, which can cause other problems.
Your roof also does a lot for your curb appeal. Because it’s such a fundamental component of your home, a well-maintained roof illustrates a reliable property. In the circumstance where you are selling, a buyer would be thrilled about your home if it has a solid, steady roof over it.
Lastly, everyone is happy with an energy efficient home. It means your energy bills are lower and that your home keeps a consistent temperature.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors near Anderson, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home management platform that helps you connect with roofing maintenance professionals in Anderson, AL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, book a service appointment, and pay all from one convenient app.
Our platform also puts together useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of qualified roofing companies.
Regularly, scheduled checkups can help you stay on top of any damage before it degrades any further and allows you to extend the life of your roof. So, how can you tell it's necessary to get a professional, roofing maintenance company to come out to your home? You may realize there are certain things to look out for, such as:
- The Age of Your Roof: Approximately 20-25 years is how long a standard roof lasts, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofing contractor to come check it out.
- Roof Decks that Sag: Call a contractor immediately if you realize your roof deck is sagging because it can lead to worse problems. Quality roofing repairs will resolve the issue and avoid replacement services.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: A build up of granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and disintegrating shingles are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance company will clean your gutters while checking up on your shingles.
- Damaged flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to protect joints and stop water. A roofing contractor can fix damaged, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Shingles: Having your shingles inspected can help you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, replacing those is a smart idea so that your roof doesn't sustain more damages.
Hire someone who can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the right fit, then it's just getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roof in order.