Find a roofer in Altoona, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
Questions Commonly Asked About Roofing Repair and Replacement
What should I anticipate to pay a roofing contractor for replacement services?
It’s challenging to come up with a precise amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you since there are several factors that will establish the overall cost. Mostly, replacing your roof can cost anywhere from $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the hours put into the job and the materials used. The cost of your roof replacement will be calculated by the materials you want installed, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Measuring the layout of your roof can also be difficult if you have a more complex roof since you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. This is where a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to decipher the square footage of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof.
How much should I budget for rooftop repair expenses?
Concerning the condition of your roof, you're either looking at major or minor repairs. A little bit of maintenance can fall anywhere between $150 to $1,500. Many homeowners like to take care of minor stuff themselves, but if you’re not certain of how to do them or you’re concerned about keeping safe, then you should reach out to a roofing professional.
Any repairs that are major do require the attention of a roofer and they are going to cost more. You can anticipate your major roof repairs being in the $1,500 to $7,000 range.
What is the regular price per square foot that roofing specialists charge?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost factor will change with the products that are being used for your roof repairs.
What's the timeframe for a roofer to replace a roof?
The amount of time it takes for a roofing contractor to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also a lot of other factors to think about. The average roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so normally, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day’s time.
Something else you should take into account is the projected weather in your area. Storms will make working conditions unpleasant and this is going to stall the job. If bad weather is supposed to happen during your replacement project, you could expect your roof to take a few more days to finish.
The style of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its pitch, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be factored in when your roofer is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will take more time and your roofer can estimate a timeline for the job.
Roofing Replacement & Roofing Repair Contractors near Altoona, Alabama
Thumbtack is the all-in-one home improvement platform that helps you find roofing maintenance contractors in Altoona, Alabama. See what other customers have to say, communicate directly with the roofing replacement company want to hire, get an estimate, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
Our site also compiles useful data to help you before you start browsing through our network of licensed roofing professionals.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring concerns, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof has a lifespan of about 20-25 years, so if you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to call a roofer to come check it out.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is a serious issue and needs attention at once. A roofing repair company can fix the issue before a replacement is needed.
- Granule Buildup in Gutters: When you find an accumulation of granules from your shingles in your gutters, it could indicate that your shingles are wearing down. A roofing repair specialist will make sure your gutters are clean and functioning properly.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is the material used to protect joints and stop water. Contact a roofing maintenance contractor to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to prevent water leaks.
- Shingles: Inspecting your shingles will let you know if replacing them is necessary. If you see some discoloration on your shingles, you’ll want to replace them so that your roof doesn't undergo more damages.
Thumbtack is free to use and gives you a hassle-free way to find the best professionals to address your roofing needs. No matter if you need to hire a roofing repair company or a replacement contractor, your job is streamlined through our platform.