Find a roofer in Alexandria, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
COMMONLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT ROOFING
What time of year is ideal for roofing services?
It's possible to get your roof replaced during any season, fall is the most popular time of year have your roof serviced. But because it is a good time for roofing services, it can be difficult to schedule time with a contractor. This is why winter could be a more convenient time for an appointment.
A lot of roofing companies are slow during the winter, but you could be dealing with more erratic weather. And summer is similar to winter, but rather than being cold, you’d be dealing with heat.
Spring is also not a terrible time for roofing services. While there's a chance it can still be wet and rather uncertain, it’s getting warmer, and any roofing damage you’ve had during the winter will be uncovered.
What do most roofers charge per square foot?
Roofing services can be between $4 to $40 per square foot, which includes the labor and materials. Of course, the cost per square foot will vary depending on what materials are being used for the job.
What is the normal duration for a roof replacement?
The time it takes for a roofer to do a replacement will be based on the measurements of your roof, but there are also many other factors involved. The average residential roof is approximately 3,000 sq. feet (or less), so usually, a roofer can finish a roof replacement within a working day.
Another thing you should take into account is the weather report in Alexandria, AL. Storms will make working conditions terrible and this can really delay the project. If bad weather is expected to happen during your replacement project, you should anticipate your roof taking a few more days to get done.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should consider. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and hips will need to be accounted for when your roofer is giving an estimate for your project. A complex roof will require a longer timeline and your roofer will be able to estimate a timeline for the project.
What is the recommended timing for scheduling a roofing appointment?
Most roofing contractors recommend biannual inspections for your roof since routine inspections have been proven to increase the longevity of your roof. Something to consider is, by not having an evaluation done, the warranty on your roof could be waived.
Roofing Maintenance Companies near Alexandria, AL
Thumbtack is the perfect home improvement site that helps you find roofing maintenance companies in Alexandria, AL. See what others have to say, talk directly with the roofing repair contractor you’re interested in, schedule an appointment, and pay all from one easy-to-use app.
It's essential to have a a structure over your head that you can depend on throughout any season. For a secure home with a roof designed to last, you can hire the best roofing maintenance contractors through Thumbtack.
Are you looking for roofing maintenance services? Aside from leakage or other glaring issues, there are a few things that might determine whether a roof repair is a good decision.
- Leaking: Water stains on the ceiling or walls are a sign of your roof leaking. A good roofer can fix the issue as soon as possible and prevent it from getting worse.
- Sagging Roof Deck: A sagging roof deck is an issue of concern and requires immediate attention. A roofing repair contractor can fix the problem before you wind up paying more for a replacement.
- Built-Up Granules in Gutters: Excessive granules from shingles gather in your gutters, and shingles wearing down are not a good sign. A roofing maintenance contractor will clean your gutters in addition to examining your shingles.
- The Chimney Flashing: When the flashing around your chimney is roof cement you may need to replace it with a water-tight fitting which includes a metal flashing system.
- Missing or damaged shingles: When you notice there are shingles that are ripped, curled, or missing entirely, this can be an indicator that your roof needs an inspection. Roofing maintenance services will identify damaged shingles and provide timely repairs to prevent leaks from causing further damage.
Find a company that can make your roofing maintenance a streamlined and satisfactory process. Once you’ve found the company you want, it’s just a matter of getting your quote and scheduling an appointment to get your roofing maintenance started.