Find a roofer in Adger, Alabama
Give us a few details and we’ll match you with the right pro.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
How long does it take to replace a roof?
The amount of time that is needed to replace a roof is dependent on the measurements of your roof, however, there are also a lot of other things to think about. The typical roof for a house is around 3,000 sq. feet (sometimes less), so on average, a roofing professional can complete a roof replacement within a day.
Something else you should take into account is the weather forecast in your area. Poor weather will put a halt on work and this will extend the timeline. If this is going on during your roof replacement project, you could expect your roof to take three to five days to complete.
The complexity of your roof is another factor that you should think about. Its grade, the number of joints, valleys, and facets will need to be factored in when your roofing contractor is giving an estimate for the job. A roof with more features will require a longer timeline and your roof replacement professional will be able to approximate the hours for the job.
Which roof style is the most affordable?
Asphalt shingles are going to be the most budget friendly solution for your roof replacement, and just because they are the cheaper product, it doesn’t mean they aren’t good. In fact, you’ll see most residential properties in your neighborhood with asphalt shingling on the roof because they are strong and do a great job of protecting your home in addition to being more budget friendly. Also, they’re versatile and they’ll look good on any home.
Asphalt shingles do need to be replaced more often than the more expensive options. They normally have a warranty of 15-20 years. But there is the option to purchase higher-grade asphalt shingles that do last longer.
When should I replace my roof?
Replacing your roof should be an option when fixing up sections won't hold up. A roof replacement is necessary if you’re dealing with these types of problems:
- AGE: The older your roof is, the probability of having it be replaced is more pressing. Asphalt shingles are a regular choice for residential properties and these usually have a warranty of 15-20 years. If the roof on your home has aged this much, it’s a wise idea to get consistent inspections so you can determine when a roof replacement is needed.
- SAGGING: If your roof is drooping, it's a sign that the deck plywood is rotted. Sagging is not ideal, and this indicates you need your roof replaced.
- WORN OUT MATERIALS: Your roof protects the rest of your home, so it should come as no surprise that the materials used for your roof will deteriorate over time.
How much is a roof?
It’s hard to come up with an exact amount on how much a new roof is going to cost you because there are a few things that will establish the overall cost. Usually, replacing your roof is in the range of $4 to $40 per square foot, which consists of the hours put into the job and the materials being used. The cost of your roof replacement will be determined by the materials you want for your roof, and you can expect that 60% of your cost will be towards labor.
Getting an estimate for the size of your roof can also be tricky if you have a more complex roof because you’ll have to factor in hips, gabbles, and other angles. Here's how a roofing contractor can be of assistance. They’ll be able to calculate the measurements of your roof and give you an accurate estimate on the cost of your roof replacement.
Roofing Repair & Roofing Replacement Contractors in Adger, Alabama
You can depend on Thumbtack to make your search for roofing repair and roofing replacement services more convenient in Adger, Alabama. Our user-friendly app is easy to navigate, which means you can look through a range of profiles and come up with some options. We help with the vetting process by giving you access to ratings, pricing information, experience, and more. Begin your search for a roofing repair and roofing replacement company here on Thumbtack and find the best professional for the job.
Every homeowner understands that maintenance is necessary to keep their property in good condition. It’s best to stay on top of repairs to avoid having to pay the steep price of replacing a roof prematurely.
Are you looking for roofing repair and roofing replacement services? With the exception of leakage or other glaring problems, there are a few things that might illustrate whether a roof repair is a good choice.
- The Age of Your Roof: Your roof is good for about 20-25 years. If you know your roof has been around for longer, you may want to contact a roofing contractor to come inspect it.
- Warps or Buckling: The sheets of wood used for decking can end up warping or are bending under pressure.
- Valleys in Your Roof: Your roof is built to allow snow and rain to flow through the valleys and into your gutters. If there are shingles missing or they're falling apart, you may get some leakage.
- Broken flashing: Flashing is important because it's used to seal joints and stop water. Contact a roofing repair company to fix broken, loose, or missing flashing to avoid leaks.
- Damaged or missing shingles: Torn, warped, or missing shingles should be replaced by a professional. Routine maintenance services will help you address problems like this and avoid leaks.
It's unnecessary to deal with a dilapidated roof when there are so many professional contractors available to assist. With our user-friendly app, you can get quality roofing repair and roofing replacement services in Adger, Alabama. Get the roofing services you need for your property right away.